Thursday, October 7, 2010

Baguette???? Oui, Oui, Madame...well sorta

So I told you yesterday that I had been bitten by the baking bug. I was in a French kinda mood so I decide to make a baguette. I saw several recipies online that seemed easy enough but boy did they take a long time to rise. Well being impatient as I am I decided to skip some steps that basically included waiting an extra 3 hours to let it rise. Now mind you that it was a little past dinner and I really wanted to get this finished so instead of the long baguette rolls I decided to let it be a fat round blob . It didn't look very French. But it tasted great. Tomorrow I might make it the correct way. I don't think that the taste will differ.  I listed link for the recipe below I got it from famousfrenchdesserts.com.

Easy French Baguette Recipe

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to give that a try next time I'm in the mood for bread baking! I'm glad it turned out o.k. - you never know with bread!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to try both your recipes. Have a very blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world, it's a lot of fun and addicting too. Love the backgroud, look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogging. Looking forward to more post. I made this recipe and it turned out so very YUMMY. This one is going to be a regular at my house. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete